Sheila Hensley, Certified Distance Education Instructor (CDEI)
Author, Retired Real Estate Practitioner, Educator
Owner – Real Estate Success Center
Owner – Social Web Learning
Real Estate Background
- ABR, ABRM, C-CREC, e-PRO, GRI, SRS – All designations retired December 2010 in good standing
- Principle Broker/Owner of Executive Relocation Services Company, Inc., est 1990 – 2010
- Licensed since 1981; retired Broker’s license 2010
- Real Estate Success Center 2001 to present
- Social Web Learning 2009 to present
- The Tech Byte, Board of Directors 2012 to present
- ABR since 1992, ABRM since 1999, retired December 2010
- Real Estate BUYER’S AGENTS (REBAC) Advisory Council since 1994 to 2000
- She earned one of the first 50 Consumer Certified Real Estate Consultant designations in October 2000 offered by the National Association of Real Estate Consultants and one of the first Certified C-CREC instructors in the nation.
- Former Certified ABR, ABRM, Successful Relocation, e-buyer and Innovative Marketing Course Instructor for REBAC.
- Served REBAC in work-group for NAR Presidential Advisory Group concerning Procuring Cause and Buyer Agency Contracts in 2001.
- Past President of TN-Real Estate Educators Association
*Graduate of REEA Instructor Development Workshop
- Completed TAR Creative Learning WorkShop May 22 & 23, 2003
- Certified e-PRO Trainer
- Seller Representative Specialist (SRS) Online Instructor 2004 – 2010
- Real Estate Professional Assistant (REPA) Online Instructor until 2005 – 2010
- Co-authored SRS Online course with NAR/REBAC Dan Schmitz – 2006
- Reviewer for ARELLO/IDECC Certified Distance Education Instructor designation 2007
- Awarded the first CDEI designation by ARELLO/IDECC 2007
Her Articles Have Appeared In:
- Today’s Buyer’s Rep
- Broker/Agent Magazine
- Real Trends National Relocation and Real Estate Magazine
- REBAC website
- NAREC website
- RIS Media
She Has Been Interviewed By:
- This Old House Magazine -1998
- Plan Ahead, Get Ahead Magazine
- LA Times
- Newspronet.com of Miami, FL 2000
- Bankrate.com 2000
- Smart Money Magazine in 2001
- Quoted in April 2003 issue This Old House Magazine regarding fee based services
- Memphis Daily News, 3/12/07; Vol. 122, No. 46
- (Article “The Transferring Wife, the Heart of the Deal” was included in the ABR instruction book nationally,1998 – 2002.)
- Subject Matter Expert for REBAC’s Successful Relocation Course – formally produced on the RE-MAX broadcasting network.
- Founding Board Member and 1998-99 president of the Mid-South Relocation Council.
- Charter Inductee Real Estate Buyer’s Agents Council’s Hall of Fame 2000, presented at NAR national convention in San Francisco
- Founding and charter member of TN Chapter of Real Estate Education Association 2002.
Instructor – Successful Relocation course and the ABRM course for Louisiana State REALTOR Association, December 2001
- Instructor – Successful Relocation for Greater Nashville Association of REALTORS – 2002
- Speaker for the Alabama Association of REALTORS’ state conference September, 2002
- Recipient of Memphis Area Association of Realtor, President’s Award in 2000.
- National Association of Real Estate Consultant Founder’s Award 2004.
- Served on the REBAC Hall of Fame Nominating Committee 2007.
The Tech Byte, Board of Directors 2012
- Association of Real Estate License Law Officials (ARELLO) Time Study for REO Training Solutions (RTS) 6 hour online course 2012
Social Media Training and Experience
- Trained Under Mari Smith extensively for several years before turning to Google Plus